Applying to The University of Charleston, South Carolina
Many choices. One perfect program.
Welcome to The Graduate School of the University of Charleston, South Carolina where we're excited to offer a challenging, student-centered education through 22 master's degree programs and 7 graduate-level certificates.
Now that you're ready, here's how to get started:
- Check the admissions requirements for the program in which you are interested.
- Set aside money for application fees, entrance exams, transcripts, etc.
- Determine which entrance exam you will need to take. Study, and take a practice test so you know what areas you will need to focus on while studying.
- Register for and take the entrance exam.
- If your primary language is not English, complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam.
- Solicit letters of recommendation.
- Begin investigating sources of funding and complete your FAFSA.
- Write your statement of purpose or goals.
- Request transcripts from all academic institutions you have attended. Please note that if you are submitting transcripts from an institution that is located outside the USA, you will be required to have them evaluated.
- Submit your application.
Print the application checklist for your program of interest and check off each item as you complete it. Follow the directions on the checklist for how to submit transcripts and letters of recommendation. Transcripts and recommendations not received in sealed envelopes or on the correct forms will not be accepted as official.