Graduate Curriculum and Academic Forms
The Faculty Committee on Graduate Education, Continuing Education, and Special Programs works with the Registrar's Office, the Provost's Office, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Planning and other College-wide committees to evaluate aech proposed change to the College graduate curriculum.
For the 2014-2015 academic year, the chair of the committee is Jon Hakkila (Physics and Astronomy) and the secretary is Anne Gutshall (Teacher Education). The full roster is available here.
Faculty members should use the following files when adding, changing or deleting graduate courses at The Graduate School of the College of Charleston. If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate School Office at 843.953.5614.
Committee on Graduate Education, Continuing Education, and Special Programs schedule for 2014-2015
Submit proposal to Academic Affairs (Randolph 210) by...
Present proposal at Committee Meeting on...
Approved proposal presented at Graduate Council on...
Approved proposal will be forwarded to Faculty Senate on...
What change would you like to make to the curriculum?
- Add a new course, change an existing course, deactivate an existing course
- Permission to cross-list (Word)
- Propose a graduate degree/program (PDF)(Word)
- Change or terminate a program
- Proposal for a New Graduate Policy or Policy Change (PDF)(Word)
Faculty Forum Meetings on Graduate Education
- Executive Summary from the Faculty Committee on Graduate Education, Continuing Education and Special Programs
- Minutes - January 22, 2014 faculty forum
- Minutes - January 23, 2014 faculty forum
- Minutes - January 24, 2014 faculty forum
- Minutes - January 27, 2014 faculty forum
- Minutes - February 11, 2014 faculty forum (rescheduled)
- Memo from the Department of Biology
- Memo from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Graduate Curriculum Information
- 2013-14 Meeting Schedule of Committees - Graduate Curriculum Process
- General Guidelines from the Committee
- Academic Program Approval Process
- New Graduate Program Policy from CHE (See Page 8 of linked document)
- New Graduate Program Approval Process
- Graduate Program Governance Guidelines
- Graduate Certificate Program Policy
- Grading Scale for Graduate Programs (Word)
- Honor Policy for Syllabi (Word)
- American Disabilities Act for Syllabi (Word)