This program prepares you to lead and inspire children in pre-kindergarten through the third grade. Our faculty will prepare you with the pedagogy necessary to develop the emotional and intellectual abilities of these children, as well as prepare you to be an advocate for the youth in your classroom.
The program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and recognized by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. This program also leads to early childhood certification and licensure.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions
- Official GRE scores
- Official TOEFL scores if your primary language is not English
- Minimum undergraduate GPA: 2.5
- Undergraduate coursework reflecting a broad liberal arts background.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic and/or work experience
- Professional résumé Self-assessment of professional goals and dispositions
- Statement of ability to perform essential teaching duties under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- A cover letter stating your reasons for pursuing a teaching career
- Fall: April 1
- Spring: November 1
2012 – 13 Tuition
$455 per credit hour
$1,160 per credit hour