Graduate Research Poster Session
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 - Stern Center Ballroom, 2:00 - 4:00pm
The Graduate Student Research Poster Session is held annually, usually near the start of the Spring semester. The poster session provides an introduction to the impressive research activities currently taking place in our graduate programs. Students are encouraged to participate to showcase their research, even if they are in the beginning stages of their research; work conducted at internships is also applicable for this poster session. It also recognizes the ongoing contributions of graduate students, faculty, and alumni to the betterment of our local, state and global communities.
- Guide on How to Make Your Poster (PDF)
- Poster Proposal Cover Sheets and project abstracts should be emailed to Michelle McGrew at firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped off at the Graduate School Office located in 310 Randolph Hall, no later than 5:00pm, Friday 2/10/17
- Posters should be created in PowerPoint in LANDSCAPE format set at 54" wide x 40" high. Poster display boards measure 72" wide x 48" high
- All participating students may have posters printed on behalf of the graduate school at the CofC Copy Center until Friday, February 10th at 12:00pm. Please submit a pdf copy of your poster using the above dimensions to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org; your poster will be available for pickup Monday, February 13th between 12:00-4:30pm.
- Students may also contact Stacey Hassard (email@example.com) in the Department of Geology for additional information about poster printing.
Congratulations to our 2016 Graduate Student Research Poster Session Winners!
Humanities and Applied Sciences Category Winner
- Monica Bowman, Jamie Mansbridge and Leah Worthington, candidates in the History program, "Shedding Light on History's Shadows with Digitization: Lowcountry Digital History Initiative"
Natural Sciences and Abstract Mathematics Category Winner
- Kelsey McClellan, candidate in the Environmental Studies program, "Chasing the Salt-Wedge: Assessing the Recreational and Commercial Blue Crab Fisheries of SC"
People’s Choice Award-Winner
- Tiffany Daly, Samantha Davis, Anna Fowler, Cole Gayheart, Lydia Geathers, Caitlin Gresham, Jacqueline Haight, Ericka Henderson, Morgan Marcinko, Paige Nelson and Caitlin Wharton, candidates in the Child Life program, "The Healing Continues: Day Camp Activities for Grieving Children"